The following resources supplement Shirley’s one day course ‘Outstanding Formative Assessment’:
- Suggested reading and websites
- Carol Dweck’s article: You can grow your intelligence
- Wescott Infant School, Wokingham: growth mindset journey
- Learning powers breakdown
- Thameside Primary School, Reading, Berkshire: learning powers journey
- Transforming Writing Pie Corbett project summary of children’s writing perceptions
- Sheringham Primary School marking and feedback policy
- Rudyard Kipling Primary School, Brighton and Hove FA journey
- St. Luke’s R.C. Primary School, Westminster FA journey
- Sheringham Primary School, Newham FA journey
Current thinking re: Assessment without Levels – content from Shirley’s presentation
- Download AWL Tick List and Sheringham PS slides now.
- Download NCTL slides now.
- Download Ofsted A slides now.
- Download Ofsted B slides now.
The entire NAHT PowerPoint presentation from which Shirley extracted slides can be viewed at:
Outstanding Formative Assessment DVD Handbook
The Power of Formative Assessment DVD User’s Guide
Read teachers’ accounts of their experimentation of formative assessment strategies – Read case studies
View the blog set up by the Sheffield Learning Team – http://shareit.yhgfl.net/sheffield/clusterb
For ongoing AFL work with special schools for severe learning difficulties see the Hertforshire website – http://www.aflinsld.org
A brilliant new resource from retired Chris Watkins from the Institute of Education! All his handouts, presentations, video clips etc. free for everyone interested in learning – chriswatkins.net
- www.brainology.us (Carol Dweck)
- www.tes.co.uk/assessment-for-learning (practical resources)
- www.buildinglearningpower.co.uk (Guy Claxton)
- www.harmonyhollow.net (The hat randomiser for talk partners)
- www.historyoffthepage.co.uk (immersion planning resources company)
The following images from Shirley’s current course ‘Outstanding Formative Assessment’ are those slides which were indistinct in the course handouts, provided here as promised, to course delegates.