The following resources supplement Shirley’s one day course ‘Outstanding Formative Assessment’:
- Suggested reading and websites
- Carol Dweck’s article: You can grow your intelligence
- Wescott Infant School, Wokingham: growth mindset journey
- Learning powers breakdown
- Thameside Primary School, Reading, Berkshire: learning powers journey
- Transforming Writing Pie Corbett project summary of children’s writing perceptions
- Sheringham Primary School marking and feedback policy
- Rudyard Kipling Primary School, Brighton and Hove FA journey
- St. Luke’s R.C. Primary School, Westminster FA journey
- Sheringham Primary School, Newham FA journey
Current thinking re: Assessment without Levels – content from Shirley’s presentation
- Download AWL Tick List and Sheringham PS slides now.
- Download NCTL slides now.
- Download Ofsted A slides now.
- Download Ofsted B slides now.
The entire NAHT PowerPoint presentation from which Shirley extracted slides can be viewed at:
Read teachers’ accounts of their experimentation of formative assessment strategies – Read case studies
View the blog set up by the Sheffield Learning Team – http://shareit.yhgfl.net/sheffield/clusterb
For ongoing AFL work with special schools for severe learning difficulties see the Hertforshire website – http://www.aflinsld.org
A brilliant new resource from retired Chris Watkins from the Institute of Education! All his handouts, presentations, video clips etc. free for everyone interested in learning – chriswatkins.net
- www.brainology.us (Carol Dweck)
- www.tes.co.uk/assessment-for-learning (practical resources)
- www.buildinglearningpower.co.uk (Guy Claxton)
- www.harmonyhollow.net (The hat randomiser for talk partners)
- www.historyoffthepage.co.uk (immersion planning resources company)
Images from ‘Exceeding Expectations with Formative Assessment – the key to pupil progress’.
Images from ‘Outstanding Formative Assessment – a close focus’.