Formative Assessment 2024
- Update new staff
- See new examples
- Curriculum design and ongoing assessment from subject to retrieval for foundation subjects
- Learn the latest on raising self-efficacy, talk, learning frameworks, feedback, cognitive science
This inspiring one-day course is for Local Authorities, MATs, Clusters, Confederations and Schools and typically runs 09:00-15:00.
For details and availability, please email: email@example.com
Formative Assessment is the proven, single most important thing we can do in schools to raise attainment and develop high student self-efficacy.
Shirley Clarke, a world expert in formative assessment, takes you through the interdependent pieces of the formative assessment jigsaw, linking evidence with current practice drawn from her many Learning Teams. Examples across the age range and video clips of the elements in practice bring the research to life.
This continuously updated one-day course consists of:
- How to build pupil self-efficacy (belief in your ability to achieve) and what not to do;
- Developing a learning language throughout the school;
- Activating children as learning resources for each other through powerful learning partners and effective talk;
- Curriculum design from subject to retrieval using an excellent case study school;
- Clarity for Knowledge and Skill learning intentions and the power of constructing success criteria and raising the quality of student writing;
- What we know about memory and how we can free-up space in children’s working memory and build their long term memory;
- Feedback: maximising in-lesson and minimising post-lesson.
All courses are administered by Ashdown Education Ltd.
Full Terms & Conditions available here.
“Such a great day in the company of Shirley Clarke. The type of CPD that makes your brain hurt but you can get straight to trying techniques in the classroom tomorrow.”
“What a fantastic day of professional learning. Thanks for such an informative and though-provoking day. The curriculum section was inspirational.”
“A superb professional learning event with Shirley Clarke! My staff were inspired and bursting with enthusiasm for our planning sessions and further development of high-quality teaching, learning and assessment at our school.”