- One day course presented in person
- Shirley comes to your venue for a fee
The Power of Formative Assessment
- Update new staff
- See new examples
- Learn the latest on raising self-efficacy, talk, learning frameworks, feedback, cognitive science
This inspiring one-day course is for Local Authorities, MATs, Clusters, Confederations and Schools and typically runs 09:00-15:00.
For details and availability, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Formative Assessment is the proven, single most important thing we can do in schools to raise attainment and develop high student self-efficacy.
Shirley Clarke, a world expert in formative assessment, takes you through the interdependent pieces of the formative assessment jigsaw, linking evidence with current practice drawn from her many Learning Teams. Examples across the age range and video clips of the elements in practice bring the research to life.
This continuously updated one-day course consists of:
- How to build pupil self-efficacy (belief in your ability to achieve) and what not to do;
- Developing a learning language throughout the school;
- Activating children as learning resources for each other through powerful learning partners and effective talk;
- Key factors in planning the curriculum and raising the status of knowledge;
- Clarifying how to co-construct success criteria for procedural knowledge;
- What we know about memory and how we can free-up space in children’s working memory and build their long term memory;
- Feedback: maximising in-lesson and minimising post-lesson.
All courses are administered by Ashdown Education Ltd.
Full Terms & Conditions available here.