Reducing anxiety in our schools
The Stevenage, Brighton and Leeds courses are no longer available to book.
This course provides:
- In-depth understanding of the psychology behind the issues, with current evidence, statistics and guidance
- Practical strategies for containment in class and for the whole school
- Strategies for raising children’s self-efficacy
- Across the curriculum specific opportunities to enable class discussions about difficult emotions and issues, including through excellent texts
- A case study of an exemplary head teacher’s strategies for creating a whole school culture of compassion and containment, while still having high expectations for learning. Video footage of her ‘day in the life’ interactions with children, parents and staff will inspire.
- Reducing anxiety during lessons, by easing the cognitive load and providing clear structure
- Links between on-the-move-feedback and attachment and containment theory
Useful summary and reflective handouts, a range of video clips and opportunities for discussion throughout.