1. NEW for 2019!
Feedback: What works and why
You come to our venues as a delegate or small group for Shirley’s new one-day course…
View a course description, costs, dates and venues and make an online course application.
2019 Summer/Autumn dates will be posted soon.
This course is based on ‘Visible Learning: Feedback’, Shirley’s new book co-written with John Hattie. This course also incorporates the latest research and practice in Formative Assessment.
2. The Power of Formative Assessment
Shirley Clarke comes to your venue for a fee…
This inspiring one-day course is for Local Authorities, MATs, Clusters or Confederations.
For details and availability, please e-mail: email@example.com
- Formative Assessment – practice and culture
- Current research findings incorporated
- Cognitive Load Theory explained with implications for teaching
- Superb, in-class video clips illustrating concepts throughout
- Discussion and reflection opportunities
The Formative Assessment Jigsaw:
- a learning culture (self-efficacy, metacognition and the implications of cognitive science)
- children as learning resources for one another (talk partners and peer learning)
- learning intentions and success criteria
- prior knowledge and the constant quest to uncover student understanding
- feedback which is acted upon (in-lesson verbal having more impact than post-lesson marking)
All courses are administered by Ashdown Education Ltd.