To book and arrange dates:
All prices are for one school’s participation
Sessions may not be recorded
(3 hours including a 15 minute break £1,900 + VAT)
Shirley speaks to your staff in a live session, with video examples, giving an abbreviated version of her full one-day course ‘The Power of Formative Assessment.’ Elements included are:
- The evidence for formative assessment
- Building pupil self-efficacy – the key to successful learning
- Effective talk
- Learning intentions and co-constructed success criteria focusing on efficiency and manageability
- Feedback: in-lesson and post lesson
Short reflection times are included.
(90-minutes each, £1,000 + VAT/session. Bundled pricing: any two sessions £1,750 + VAT; any three sessions £2,500 + VAT; four sessions £3,000 + VAT)
Shirley provides live input with video examples. Choose from the following topics:
1. Building a learning culture for high pupil self-efficacy (the belief in your ability to achieve)
- Barriers to self-efficacy and some solutions
2. Effective talk and questioning
- Evidence for and organization of random talk partners
- On-the-move questioning
- Ongoing questioning
- Prior knowledge questioning
3. Knowledge, skills, learning intentions and co-constructed success criteria
- It’s all knowledge
- The influence of cognitive science
- Closed and open learning intentions and their corresponding success crtieria
- Transferrable decontextualized skills
- Balancing knowledge with skills
- Efficient co-construction strategies
- Pupil to teacher/teacher to pupil: student readiness, stages of learning, timing, individual needs
- The power of in-lesson feedback: on the move, mid-lesson learning stops, cooperative peer feedback, peer coaching
- Post-lesson feedback: efficient strategies for marking
Conditions: Prior to each session we will arrange with you a Zoom Pro technical rehearsal to check the invitation link plus the audio and video feed. It is advised that your Tech Coordinator and Headteacher and/or Assessment Coordinator participate. Bookings are taken on a first-come, first-served basis.
Handouts for each session booked will be emailed to you.
All sessions and video clips are copyrighted and may not be recorded or re-distributed. By booking you agree to these conditions.